Friday, June 11, 2010

A First


Well, yesterday I made my first frugal purchase since starting the blog. And I must say, it was quite thrilling! We received a coupon in the mail from JC Penney for $10 off a purchase of $10 or more. Well I jumped right on that! Usually coupons like that say "save $10" in really big print to get you all excited and then they ruin it with "on a purchase of $50 or more." LAME! I don't want to spend $50 to save $10! That's not even a deal! So, JC Penney, I think you're awesome for not doing that.

I went on my way with a goal to not spend more than $10. I was totally successful! I found an adorable pair of maternity shorts--originally $32. What did I pay? $8.13. Yeah. STEAL! The shorts were on sale for $18 - $10 coupon + tax = $8.13. Total savings: $23.87.

Frugal or Bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...